What I Wore Wednesday

After weeks of following the blog The Pleated Poppy, I've been inspired to start a What I Wore Wednesday post. I've linked up with Lindsey so be sure to check out the other posts. The idea is to post pictures of my outfits over a week's time in hopes that posting the pictures will pull me out of a rut of comfort clothing. As a teacher, I reach for the most comfortable thing in the closet 9 times out of 10. Many times that ends up being khaki pants, a fitted t-shirt, and some sort of sandal. I'm really trying not to have a "uniform" each day, but when I am sitting on the floor with students (yes, it still happens in my 5th grade classroom, and should in many others), sweating it out at recess duty, and then following my already long day with a meeting, comfort will always be priority. However, today, I decided to ditch the comfort routine - even on a day that I had no planning. Yep, zilch, nada, none! When I got home at 5:00 I realized that I had not gone to the bathroom yet. Sad state of education when the teacher cannot even squeeze in a bathroom break. That is another topic for later. Anyhoo, here is my one outfit from this week. Tried something different by adding the belt, but not really liking it in this photo.


Pink cardigan - Old Navy

White ruffled t-shirt - made by my mother (I don't sew, she does)

Black patent belt - stolen from a dress in my closet from White House Black Market

Shorts - JcPenney

Zebra print metallic shoes - Target

Headband - made by my mother from a tutorial found on a blog somewhere. Sorry I forgot whose.

Comments