June 10, 2008

Wikis are my new friends!!! I absolutely loved Sarah's demo about using wikis as a collaboration tool in content areas. I can see doing this quite a bit with my students next year. I've already attempted to use internet bulletin boards with my students this year and had great success with motivation and enthusiasm. I believe that this is another tool in my tool box to foster engagement. I am very thankful that Sarah already thought through the handout for setting up wikis in their classroom and all of the logistical issues that come with it. She will be a great asset to tap into.

Connie's demo made me really think about my students' science journal. This year the lab teacher simply asked them to glue items in and draw a little here and there, but there was no reflection piece or writing. I can't wait to utilize this component into my science lessons.

Comments