June 12, 2008

Today, the last of my week 2 mentees (funny word) presented demos. To be honest, I was quite nervous about them. Not that they were incorrect or dull by any means, but I questioned whether or not I had done well as a mentor. As a mentor virgin, I questioned if what I was saying was correct, did I tell them everything that I was supposed to, etc. However, there was no need to worry. Both did outstanding jobs - I felt like a mother duck in some ways watching my little ducklings leave the nest. I was so proud.

I feel like this year's group of fellows has bonded really well. It has been exciting to hear many of the life stories that are developing - Inga's search for Quakers - religion or oats, Terri's infatuation with George, Lisa G's experience as an accomplished musician - it kind of makes my stories and accomplishments seem dull.

I found a connection with some of Inga's writing about feet and shoes - I find myself always noticiing footwear because I have an obssession. One that my husband simply doesn't understand.

Today's tech session went really well. I felt like the stress level was minimized and everyone experienced great success.

Comments