Names

Names are such important pieces of who we are. Parents search for months for the perfect name for a new arrival. Some people actually know names years ahead of time for their future children.

Some names are unique, while some are traditional. Some are meaningful while others sneak in out of left field. Some names are spelled in a normal manner, while others are more than creative.

I've often wondered how an author chooses names for a character. I wondered if the name or the character came first. Kind of like the chicken and the egg. Ron Rash clarified it for me. It was interesting to hear how he chose the character name of Serena.

I wonder if my parents knew when my name was chosen that I would end up reflecting it in my personal life. Do all children that are named unique and different names have quirky traits and lead a somewhat adventurous or eccentric lifestyle?

Comments