Daily Routines - January 7th picture


I am a creature of habit. As much as I would like to debate that fact, I am. There are certain things I do each and every day and an order to most of them. For example, each night, I set my alarm for 5:45 in the morning. There hasn't been a morning where I've actually awoken at that time, but that is what it is set for. When the alarm goes off in the morning, I hit the snooze, no less than 3 times, finally rising at 6:10. It takes me 25 minutes to be COMPLETELY ready to walk out of the door for work, so I hurriedly shower. Once shower is complete, I apply makeup, get completely dressed - shoes and all - then dry my hair. I plug the flat iron in and while I wait for it to heat, I walk the dogs outside. When we return in, I put the finishing touches on my hair, make a QUICK breakfast of peanut butter toast, oatmeal, or cereal, and leave no later than 6:35.


Once I leave the house, there is one crucial step to my routine that if forgotten could mean detriment to those that I am around. My morning coffee is crucial. Most of the time, I treat myself to Dunkin Donuts coffee - always the same - French Vanilla with cream and sugar. It is always perfect! I do not take the first sip until I am in my classroom waiting for children to arrive. At that point I am able to savor it instead of hurrying through a cup. I look forward to this each morning. While on break over Christmas, I almost kicked the habit, thanks to mom's decaf (not sure what the point is), but once the routine of school kicked back in, so did the need for caffeine.
January 7th's image was taken sitting at my desk on a typical Wednesday morning. My computer with my dog is also a part of that daily routine and the coffee allows me to complete it without being a grump.

Comments