Reading Again!!!


Now that my Master's Degree and National Boards are completed, I can get back to my one true passion in life - Reading for pleasure!!!

I started the year off with a highly recommended book by the teachers at proteacher.com who have become dear friends over the years.

I began reading Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah right after Christmas and fell in love with the story. If you are looking for a book that knows how to tell the story of female friendship then this book is for you. Katie and Tully begin their friendship at the tender age of 13 when Tully moves next door. Over 30 years of memories and experiences weave their way through the book in such a way that causes you to love each character and the lives they live.

Set against the backdrop of the Pacific Northwest Seattle area, both characters take us on a journey of female bonding, determining who they are individually and to each other, loves won and lost, children, careers, and illness.

At the end of the book I found myself crying through the text as life takes a toil on both Katie and Tully. When I closed the last few pages, I felt as if I had said goodbye to my best friends.

Comments

Shonda said…
Thanks for the book review. I just put it on hold at the library. So glad you can get back to reading. I love reading and will look into any books you can recommend!