Zippity Do Dah!





Cheney and I took a QUICK trip up the mountain to Gatlinburg, TN to visit with my parents. We haven't seen them for awhile and took advantage of their closeness. The drive to Tennessee sure was better than the 11 hour drive to Louisiana. Not to mention, the temperatures were more desirable.


This time, instead of just going out to eat and relaxing around the cabin, we all enjoyed an experience together. Dad decided that we should go zip lining. Of course, Cheney and I were game for it. I was quite surprised that my parents were game though.





We arrived at our destination and got geared up. If someone ever tells you that the harness you have to wear is comfortable, I would question that. Mine were not. But, they did keep me safe.



Big Red took us to the highest point on our adventure in an army truck. He was quite the interesting character. After a short instruction session on how to not cut your fingers off - never put them in front of the trolley - we were off. There were 3 signals that we needed to remember - one to slow down, one to speed up, and one to stop yesterday. I had to revert back to my childhood to remember how to brake - I had to break out my trucker horn signal from my past. It took me awhile to master this one because I kept wanting to grab the cable instead of exerting steady pressure. I finally mastered this on line 8 out of 12. As a result, I'm a little sore on my right side - so sore in fact that I feel like I've been run over by a car or that I've done 100 reps of biceps curls with 50lb kettlebells.




All in all, it was a great adventure and I'm glad to have this memory of my family. Wish that Larry, Jannie, and the girls would have been able to join us, but maybe next time.
























Comments