Ten On Ten - 1-10-11



So I stumbled upon a neat little blog project called "Ten on Ten." Basically, you take 10 photos over 10 hours on the 10th of each month. I've had to fudge mine a bit due to weather. It's booty cold, snowy, and unfit for life outside so my photos were actually taken on the 11th.*I've spent quite a bit of time making comfort foods - muffins, stews, cream of wheat, grits, drinking coffee, hot chocolate, etc.

* Yesterday morning, Cheney and I ventured outside with the pups to explore a bit. However, that was a quick trip considering that we had received snow as deep as Taku was tall. Needless to say, he did not enjoy walking in it and needed to be picked up to be brought inside.
*Cash was completely worn out from his jaunt in the snow. He spent the better part of the day and night curled up on the couch snoozing. I love how he has his bone under his head to keep Taku from taking it.
*All of that grading that needed to be done because the end of the quarter is here came out of the grading bucket today. Everything is graded except for those pesky science journals that are still in my classroom. Guess I know what I'll be doing when I return!
*I've spent many hours watching WYFF4 news to determine if I will be going to work this week. As of now, they have canceled school for tomorrow as well. There go our built in days, so we will be making those up in April. Tomorrow makes for a 4th day that was not built into the calendar.



*This was the view in my backyard at 5:00 pm. Still LOTS of snow on the ground!


*It's been really hard to get motivated when it has been so cold outside. I've not been able to exercise outside like I normally do or in my classroom, I've been craving warm cozy foods, and LOTS of coffee. As a result, I've spent quite a bit of time in my flannel pajama bottom and my slippers. Can we say toasty??


*Think I need an ice scraper???

* The obligatory self portrait on my walk with Taku. Don't let the looks deceive you. It was COLD!! I just forgot my hat and scarf inside. It was a SHORT walk.
* I've spent a lot of time catching up on my blog reading. Thank you to those of you who have updated your blogs this week! I've enjoyed reading them.

Comments