Operation Eat At Home

Over the past few years, Cheney and I have developed a horrible habit.  It began when I was working on my master's degree and National Boards at the same time - 2 years ago.  Because I was spending hours working on major projects - sometimes 3 hours a night at the library or Leopard Forest Cafe - there was very little time for cooking.  Cheney was great in accepting this and often went to get us something or I would pick something up on the way home.  This developed into a nightly eating out ritual.  Now, 2 years later, we are still stuck in this rut.   I've tried to propel us out of this, but I've been completely unsuccessful.  Partially because I don't like to cook.  I would rather do something else - clean bathrooms, yard work, etc.  I am not a creative cooker, lack ideas, and am a horrible meal planner - all of which result in very few meals prepared at home.

This summer, I promised Cheney I would make a diligent effort to cook at home.  Our goal is to eat out one day a week - probably Saturday lunch and dinner.  Not only is it a healthier choice, it should save us a TON of money.  This blog is where I will hold myself accountable, so be prepared for food posts.

Day One:
Breakfast - apples and peanut butter
Lunch - Tuna salad sandwiches
Dinner - turkey dogs with oven roasted potatoes

Day Two:
Breakfast - Raisin Bran
Lunch - apples and Laughing Cow cheese
Dinner - grilled elk burgers, baked beans, and sauted squash

Comments