Unexpected Beauty

This summer I read a blog about finding beauty in unexpected places.  However, I cannot for the life of me remember which blog it was.  I read about 40 a day, so they tend to blend together if I don't write about them immediately.  Anyway, I've been trying to be purposeful in looking for those unexpected pieces of beauty.  Sometimes I have my camera with me and other times I do not.  I haven't gotten to the point where I always have it since I had to turn my point and shoot camera back into school.  My DSLR is really cumbersome to always have.

This summer I've been the primary person to walk Taku out in the mornings.  We are fortunate to have a large field to walk him in to expend his energy.  Our neighbor has parked a small BobKat in the field (he's our landlord) and I've noticed several mornings a blue bird flying out of the end of it.  I decided that I would peek into the arm of the equipment and see just what was going on with her.  I was quite pleased to discover that she was working on a nest.  I'm not sure how her eggs are going to hold up because it gets awfully hot inside the long piece of metal and rain does get in it.  But, I snapped this little picture when the eggs made their appearance. It looks like there may be 6 eggs.
I am fascinated by the varying shades of blue on each egg and the little brown speckles.  Nature has the best color palette available.  God sure did know what he was doing.

Comments