30 Days of Thankful - Day 12

Today I am thankful for my parents!  I don't say it often enough, but I am thankful for every decision they made while I was growing up.  There were days (many) where I didn't agree and wanted to do my own thing, but sitting here now, I am thankful that they were as strict as they were.

I had boundaries set for me from a very young age.  Those boundaries protected me from making some stupid decisions and the possibility of having life long consequences.  Thank you mom and dad for boundaries!

Thank you for the family vacations to the beach when you enjoyed the mountains more :)  Thank you for sacrificing your needs to give me what I wished for.  I can honestly say that there was not one thing that I ever wanted that I had to do without.

Now you are in a season of your life where you are again making sacrifices so someone else has what they need.  As I watch you care for Maw Maw, I know that it is challenging at times, but I am thankful that you are making her life better.

Thank you for providing a strong Christian example to me and Larry as we grew up and even now.

I love you and thank you for all that you have done and continue to do for me!

Comments

Shonda said…
I certainly don't thank my parents often enough!