30 Days of Thankful - Day 24

Well, today is Thanksgiving.  Over the past 23 days I've focused on exactly what it was that I am thankful for and I have loved the experience.  It has definitely changed my perspective and attitude. Each day I was able to find more than one thing that stood out to me and turned my negativity at everything that needed to be done to positive vibes.

Today I am thankful for my in-laws.  We are going to Cheney's mother's today where his 93 year old grandmother is visiting.  It will be a fairly quiet day, but time well spent with family.  His sister and nephew will be joining us as well.

I love that the holidays are about spending time with family.  With all of our grandparents aging, they have begun to mean more to me in the last few years.  I would love to be with my Maw Maw Ruth today, but that is not possible.  Although they are far away, I am thankful for my nieces, my immediate family, and my sister-in-law too!  I hope they are having a great time.

Growing up, I know I complained about not having any real traditions, but now I know that we did.  We always spent Thanksgiving split between the Smiths and the Kellys.  One got lunch and the other dinner.  Needless to say, we were stuffed.  The dishes were the tradition.  Every Thanksgiving there was a pecan pie. I make sure that is on the table when we are celebrating with Cheney's family since it isn't one of their traditions.

But, today, I'm thankful for having a place to celebrate today.

Comments