30 days of thankful - day 8

Today I am most thankful for my little brother, Larry.

Unfortunately, due to my living away from Louisiana, we are not as close as we have been, but I still wouldn't trade him for anything. We were close growing up and I don't ever remember ever being angry with him about anything. I think we were blessed to always get along.

Growing up I spent hours at the ballpark watching him play baseball. I was his biggest fan. Even driving home on Thursday afternoons in college from 3 hours away just to watch him play.

Before I got married, we spent a week doing things together because we didn't know when we would get the chance again. We rode bicycles to downtown Denham Springs for the day, ate lunches, went to movies - you name it. It was hard living in Alaska away from him.

He came to visit us in Alaska and in Seattle and for that I am grateful. Lots of memories have been made.

It's been a long time since he came home from the hospital and I wanted to name him John Richard. Since then he has turned out pretty good if I do say so. He's a wonderful husband and a fantastic dad to my two favorite nieces. I don't say it enough when I talk to him, but I love him and I'm thankful to have him in my life!

Comments

Shonda said…
Ah, sweet! I miss my sissy. We were very close before we both got married. But she is always close to my heart. What a blessing for you to have such a special brother.