Friday Instagram - Almost Christmas Edition

This week Cheney and I headed South to visit my family in Baton Rouge for the Christmas holidays.  The best part so far was surprising my nieces, Sophie and Sadie.  They thought we were coming in on Tuesday, but we arrived Sunday instead.  In order to surprise them, their parents brought them caroling at Grammy and Paps.  One was excited about singing to people and the other was not.  I was waiting in the living room and heard the car drive up and the familiar words of Jingle Bells begin.  I waited a short moment and then answered the door.  It took a little while for the girls to realize who I was, but that was quickly followed by squeals of, "Auntie!"  There is nothing like it in the world.  I've been horrible about taking pics this week because I've been more immersed in the experiences, but I managed to get a few.  I'm linking up with Jeanette over at Life Rearranged.

Making Uncle Cheney's birthday cake.  According to the one who's belly we see, "I bake better naked."


Who needs to pay for a pedicure when you have two nieces who will lather you up with so much lotion that you will be moisturized for months!
The girls made friends with Taku when they came for a slumber party.


Cheney and I had a little shotting contest while shopping at Bass Pro Shops. 

This was my score.  I lost.  I should probably try again.
life rearranged

Comments