I'm behind on journaling. What's new, right? This week has been CRAZY busy for me. It seems like the 4 day weeks always are. So, here's a bullet list of what's been going on.
- It's been in the 60s during the day here this week, until yesterday and today. January finally decided to show its face.
- On Thursday I had the opportunity to conduct my very first parent workshop. Kind of ironic in the fact that I don't have children. But, I've had 356,400 hours of experience with children over the last 12 years. That's just in my classroom - not the babysitting, quality time with my nieces, etc. So, I think I may be a little qualified. I'm more qualified than some parents were when they brought their first baby home.
- My Christmas tree is still up and I don't have any intentions of putting it away today. Maybe later.
- My house is about 40 years old and it has no insulation in it. Needless to say, the warmest place is in the bed. I've been reading a lot this weekend because the bed is so cozy.
- Because it is so cold, Taku has been finding his way into the bed and burrowing himself under the covers. I've been thankful. It's like having a little heater next to me.
- I'm starting the healthy school lunch challenge on Tuesday, so I've eaten absolute junk for the last 2 days. And, I'm not ashamed.
- Right now, I'm watching The Bachelor. Yes, hokey I know. But, goodness it is addicting.
- Yesterday was a workday that I could have taken off, but I decided to stay at school and get much needed work done. I was very successful, but discovered that I do not have enough room for the books in my classroom. What a quandry!
- My hair hasn't been cut since August. I need it done ASAP!