Journal #3 - 5 Things I'm Looking Forward to in 2012

I've racked my brain over this prompt today and I don't think I have 5 things to list.  I have a few, but they aren't really biggies.

1.  SUMMER VACATION - I don't think I'm alone in looking forward to this event, especially given the fact that I'm a teacher.  I don't know a teacher who dreads summer to arrive.  Although I'm excited to see what the rest of the year holds for me and my students, I crave summer!  This year, I'm committed to spending time AWAY from school, unlike last year where I spent at least 2 days a week at my new school.  This year, I declare summer the Summer of Shasta (Seinfeld fans get this reference). Give me a beach chair, a good book, and the good ole sunshine at the beach!  I will go this year!

2.  DRIVING - My Christmas gift was a beautiful, red MX-5 convertible and I cannot wait until it warms up so I can enjoy it to the fullest.  Mountain roads, drives to the coast - all TOPLESS!

3.  LSU National Championship (fingers crossed) - I've always been an LSU girl, even though I didn't' attend, but when you are born and raised in Louisiana it is almost blasphemous to declare your loyalty for another team.  There was a moment when I wanted to attend Bama, but it was short lived. Next week I'm hoping the tigers clench the National Championship.  Geaux Tigers!

I can't think of any more right now.  I'm sure as the year progresses I'll develop a desire to look forward to other events.

Comments