Journal #8: What do you like about yourself?

"For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully." Romans 12:3-8


List 3 things you like about yourself....


When I was in high school, I struggled with liking anything about myself.  I would stand in front of the mirror and dissect myself, constantly comparing what I looked like to everyone else around me. I kept a calendar to keep track of outfits that I wore so I wouldn't repeat within the same month.  Insane, I know.


 In college, it got a little better, but not much. Now, I still have my moments, but I've learned to look beyond what the mirror shows.


1.  I like that I've kept myself pretty natural.  Yes, I color my hair every now and then and I do wear makeup, but for the most part, I am comfortable throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, hair in a ponytail, and no makeup to run errands around town.  


2.  I like that I am able to stand up for myself when I need to, but can also take measures to ensure that doesn't happen often.  


3.  I like that I don't sweat the small stuff.  Most of the time, I'm pretty stress free in my life.  Every now and then I get frazzled when my to-do list is insanely long, but that's pretty normal.  


4.  I like my eyes.  The color changes depending on the eye shadow that I wear.  I like that they turn a crazy green when I cry.


5.  I like my nose - the one that I was born with and can hang a candy cane or spoon off of.


6.  I like my curves.  Yes, I could stand to lose a little weight, but there is no doubt that I am a 36 year old woman.  I have curves that women are supposed to have - no straight frame here.  Sometimes when shopping I don't like them as much - especially when shopping for jeans and swimsuits.

Comments