Maw Maw Freida and Apricot Scrub

Image from Direct Chemist



I've talked about my Maw Maw Ruth and Paw Paw B and Great Grandma Kelly, but I don't think I've ever written about my Maw Maw Freida.  I was reminded of her this week and have now felt compelled to write about her.  Funny how that happens.

I've been looking for a new cleanser for my face because I wasn't happy with my current routine.  I'm in my late 30s and my skin is changing so what once worked doesn't any longer.  Quite frustrating to say the least.

Last week Cheney and I were out and needed to stop by the grocery to get a few things.  I needed to go to Wal-Mart, but Ingles was on the way, so that's where we ended up.  I hate buying health and beauty items at the grocery story because they are so much more money, but I needed cleanser and we are a one stop kind of couple.  So, hello Ingles' beauty department.  It was all of 4 shelves.  My choices were limited, but I ended up with a few things.

My first thought was Cetaphil.  It's what my dermatologist suggests, but Ingles wanted $13 for a bottle.  I'm a little more frugal when it comes to spending money on makeup and such, so I left it on the shelf.

I read every label, looked at ingredients, smelled fragrances and the like.  I got to the bottom shelf and saw a bottle that brought to mind Maw Maw Freida.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub always sat in her bathroom.  I remember opening it as a child and smelling it, squeezing out a bit, and deciding that it was disgusting.  The gritty texture was not something that I was fond of.

I don't know if my grandmother used it on a regular basis, but she always had glowing skin.  She's in her 70s now and she doesn't look like it.  Her skin is still just as beautiful.

So, as I was contemplating my cleanser decision, I decided that I'd take Maw Maw Freida's advice and use the St. Ives.

The first time I used it, I loved it!  The exfoliating grit caused my skin to glow and have the softest texture.

Thanks Maw Maw for your advice - even though you never voiced it.  Now, each time I use it, I think of you.

Comments