30 Things: #5: 5 Things That Make Me Happy Right Now

Hard to narrow it down to 5 things, but that's the topic :)

1.  Early morning walks on quiet beaches - We went to Charleston, SC this week for Spring Break.  I spent the days at the hotel around the pool with Taku and Cheney went turkey hunting.  My most favorite moments were early morning walks with Taku.  We spent the week walking at Waterfront Park, strolling down Shem Creek pier, and this morning was spent on Isle of Palms (a dog friendly beach) with Cheney.  The sun was just coming up, the waves were kissing the shore, and all was right with the world.  What a way to start a morning.

2.  Lightbulb Moments - One of the greatest rewards as a teacher is to see the moment that the lightbulb finally goes off for students.  There is no way to describe it in words, but there is a certain look that comes over the face of kids when something finally clicks.  I love those moments.

3. Travel - If I wasn't a teacher, I would love to be a travel writer for an exotic magazine.  I would love to pick up my bags and just head somewhere - a dot on the map that I haven't explored yet.  It's made even better when Cheney is with me.

4.  Family - Unfortunately, I live away from my family and most of the time I am okay with it, but not today.  My grandmother passed away last night and I will be headed to spend time with family for the week.  I love my family and cherish the moments with them - especially 2 little girls whose names begin with S.

5.  Cuddles with my dog - There's nothing quite like starting the day with a pup snuggled up to you and ending the day in the same manner.  Taku has brought lots of comfort and stress relief over the last year.  Our other dogs have done the same while they were with us.  This week I completely enjoyed having little bit with us while we traveled.  There is no other love quite like love from a pup.

Comments