30 Things #8 5 Passions

5 Passions, loves, obsessions, I suppose.  I don't know if I have 5, but I do have a few.

1.  Reading - Love it, love it, love it.  I always have something to read beside my bed, in the living room, on my iPad, etc.  If given my choice of activities, it would be to curl up with a book on a rainy day in a window seat (don't have one, but a girl can dream right?), or to soak my toes in the sand with a worn out copy of one of my favorites.  I don't remember reading when I was a kid, but I do remember the moment that I stayed up reading all night for the first time.  I was reading John Grisham's The Firm. Not my usual genre of choice, but this book enthralled me.  Ever since then, I've read anything I can get my hands on.  Sometimes it is in spurts - holiday breaks, summers, but I always come back to it.

2.  Writing - I've been a writer for as long as I can remember.  I've written through triumphs, struggles, the mundane, and the extraordinary.  It is my release and I don't think I could go without it.  I try to inspire this passion in my children, and so far, this year I have.  One of my biggest joys is to hear my niece Sophie is writing.

3.  My job - A teacher requires a certain amount of passion - for what they teach or who they teach.  I'm lucky to have both.  I love my job and don't mind putting in the countless hours that it takes to do a good job.

4.  Technology - Out of everything that I do, I am passionate about technology.  I get giddy when I get the opportunity to try something new.  Recently I have absolutely become obsessed with all things iPad.  Love it and think I may have to purchase one of my own here soon.

I cannot come up with a 5th, but I'm sure there is one - maybe my dogs, travel, shoes, not sure what I would choose for the 5th.

Comments