Dusting

It's one of my least favorite chores.  I usually put it off for as long as I can.  It's not that it takes a whole lot of times, but it's tedious.  I eventually end up doing it, usually when I am bored or it's raining.  Although, I must admit, it's been awhile.

Instead of dusting my furniture, I'm dusting off this little part of me.  It's been a LONG while, and honestly, I don't even know if anyone blogs anymore.  There was a time where I would read blogs every morning and catch up with my friends, but now, that has been put on the back burner.  I find myself more consumed with social media or doing other things.  However, I've made a commitment to myself to spend a bit of time writing this summer and this seems like the most logical place to do it.

I made a mistake tonight and brewed a pot of coffee.  It was supposed to be decaf, but it wasn't.  So, here I am in the quiet of the night wide awake.  It will make for an interesting tomorrow.  My husband is sound asleep in the bedroom and the pups are sacked out - one beside me and one on the porch.  In the 3 years since I've been here, we have had a new addition to our family, a four legged one, Miss Ruby.  She kind of showed up and adopted us.  But, Cheney took her in and gave her a place on the couch in the shop in front of a roaring fire and she hasn't left us.  Who would?

We have a house now...a sweet little farmhouse, my dream, with creaking floors and beadboard throughout - or shiplap if you are of the Chip and Joanna Gaines following.  It's comfortable and fits me like my favorite pair of jeans.  You know, the ones you can't ever get rid of no matter how fat or how skinny you get.  They are tucked away in your closet for those days where you just need to be you.  That's my house, and I absolutely love it.  It's one we dreamed of, and it just kind of fell in our laps.  

Summer has begun and with it a new to do list.  I've filled my calendar with meetings, lunch dates, vacations, and more.  Summer is about recharging for me, but I find myself sometimes not being as productive as I should be.  This year, I've decided to take a different approach.  I have made the intentional choice to do the following each day: read something, clean something, exercise something, create something.  Between teaching summer school, headed out of town a few times,  and working my Rodan and Fields business, I should be pretty darn busy.

I'm not sure what I'll write about here, but we will see :)

Comments